Thursday, March 31, 2016

Questing Again

It's official: I have no idea what Games Workshop is playing at.

It's produced a version of Warhammer Fantasy Battle that looks like it's fun to play. It's bringing Blood Bowl back. It's brought genestealer cults back, so now I'm about 75% less sad about my dad throwing out my old cult.

Today brings the news that Warhammer Quest is coming back.

There's been a recent change of management over at GW and the new bosses seem to have a fondness for, well, games. At this stage, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see a new edition of Oi! Dat's My Leg! before the end of 2016.

3 comments:

  1. Saweet! I've been hoping for this for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one I could chalk up to just good business. With the overwhelming popularity of the last couple of editions of Space Hulk, and the ridiculousness of WH Quest on eBay, this move has to be like printing ameritrashy money (americash?).

    Put it together with those other moves, though, and yeah...it's like big fans of the franchises finally broke through to the upper echelon of GW decision-makers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, given the prices some of these games -- and even components -- go for on eBay, it's clear that there's a market for them and GW could have been making money off them all these years.

      Why they've decided to do so now all of a sudden, I cannot say, but I like it.

      Delete